With the holiday season just around the corner, we’re thrilled to announce that we are once again supporting the Community Information and Support Cranbourne’s (CISC) annual Christmas Drive.
A local, not-for-profit organisation, CISC provides invaluable support services to the Casey South community, including:
- Personal counselling
- No Interest Loans Scheme
CISC also offers emergency relief in the form of food vouchers and hampers, chemist and petrol vouchers, educational assistance, toiletries and more. In the last two years, CISC has supported our community with:
- $930,000 worth of food and petrol vouchers
- Over 1,100 food parcels
- $81,000 to keep children from 288 different families in education
- Removed over $250,000 worth of debt from struggling families
- $52,000 to assist with other essential services, such as non-PBS medication, clothing and bedding, short-term car registration, and medical support
- Assistance with over 2,400 PBS prescriptions for essential medication
With the number of people seeking support significantly increasing since the pandemic, CSIC also:
- Received over 64,500 requests for information or assistance
- Provided counselling to over 393 individuals, couples, families and children
- Provided financial counselling to 1756 clients with complex financial and paralegal issues
Christmas, combined with the ongoing cost of living pressures, can be a particularly stressful time for those facing financial hardship. As a result, the number of people accessing CISC services has increased significantly.
Last year, we assisted over 300 families through generous donations from our community, and we need your help again!
Donation ideas include:
- Sport and outdoor equipment
- Technology or music-related gifts such as headphones, speakers etc
- Gift Vouchers
Please be advised that due to safety protocols, second-hand donations cannot be accepted.
We kindly ask that all food donations be long-life, require no refrigeration and can be opened without a can opener. In regards to toys, we also ask that teddy bears not be donated, as teddies can often become a health hazard if they are not stored in a safe and dry location.
Donations will be accepted at our Land Sales Office until 5pm on the 18th of December:
4 Zagros Street, Clyde North
Open 7 days a week
11am – 5pm
Alternatively, you can show your support by donating via the CISC website here.
We look forward to bringing a little Christmas cheer to those in need this holiday season.
Please be advised that the Meridian Land Sales Office will be closed from Wednesday the 20th of December at 5pm and will reopen on Saturday the 6th of January at 11am.