With Christmas fast approaching, we are pleased to announce that we are once again supporting Community Information and Support Cranbourne’s (CISC) annual Christmas Drive.
A local, not-for-profit organisation, CISC provides important support services to the Casey South community, including information, referral, negotiation, financial and personal councelling as well as a No Interest Loans scheme.
Most significantly, CISC also provides emergency relief in the form of food vouchers and hampers, chemist and petrol vouchers, educational assistance, toiletries and more.
In the last two years, CISC has supported our community with:
- $401,000 worth of food and petrol vouchers
- 439 food parcels
- $34,800 to keep children from 175 different families in education
- Removed $165,000 worth of debt from struggling families
- $11,350 to assist with short term car registration
- $8600 worth of essential medication
With the number of people needing support increasing significantly in the past two years, CISC also:
- Received 25,924 requests for help
- Provided counseling to over 300 individuals, couples, families and children
- Provided aid to 143 clients with complex financial and paralegal issues
Christmas, combined with increasing expenses related to cost of living, can be a particularly stressful time for those struggling to make ends meet.
Last year, we assisted over 180 families through generous donations from our community, and we need your help again!
Join us in donating valuable goods and services to those who need an extra hand.
Donation ideas include:
- Sport and outdoor equipment
- Technology or music-related gifts such as headphones, speakers etc.
- Gift Vouchers
Please be advised that due to safety protocols, second-hand donations cannot be accepted. We kindly ask that all food donations be long-life, require no refrigeration and can be opened without a can opener. In regards to toys, we also ask that teddy bears not be donated, as teddies can often become a health hazard if they are not stored in a safe and dry location.
From Monday the 28th of November until Wednesday December the 21st, donations will be accepted at the Meridian Land Sales Office:
1800 Thompsons Road, Clyde North
Open 7 days a week
11am – 5pm
Alternatively, you can show your support by donating via the CISC website here.
We look forward to sharing the joy of Christmas with those in our community who need it most!
Please be advised that the Meridian Land Sales Office will be closed from 5pm on Wednesday the 21st of December and will reopen on Saturday the 7th of January.